Question by I thought…: What are some common daily foods eaten in Russia?
Anything you like specifically?
How about some traditional, special dishes?
Answers and Views:
Answer by Alan B
Borsche, Plemini, and of course sushi lol
Answer by Wave2012
Borsch is more popular in Ukraine. Many of Russians hate it since they give it to kids in kindergardens very often. Also many people confuse borsch and schi. They are almost the same except borsch includes beetroot and schi includes cabbage.
The most popular are:
– schi http://www.russianfoods.com/en/schi/ or here: http://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/
– borsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht)
– fried potato with chicken/mashrooms/meat/etc
– summer cold soup “okroshka” (http://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/soup-recipes/okroshka.html)
– fried fish (http://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/main-dish-recipes/fried-fish-cod.html)
– stewed pork/beef/chicken with onion (http://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/main-dish-recipes/stewed-beef-with-onions.html)
– stuffed Bell Peppers (http://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/main-dish-recipes/stuffed-bell-peppers.html)
– Russian Salad (Olivier) (http://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/salads/russian-salad-olivier.html)
– vareniki – they can be with cheese, muchrooms, strawberry, cherry inside http://shesimmers.com/
Read all the answers in the comments.
What do you think?